Our current refrigerator is quite small...it's shorter than me (and I'm not too tall). The freezer space is about the size of a small cupboard. We've struggled to keep foods good because we sometimes buy too much and it won't fit in the freezer. We end up sticking it in the fridge and ... it goes bad. Even after hours of organizing & reorganizing, there's still not enough room.
Well, all that is different now.
Over the weekend, Blake and I bought a small freezer off KSL Classifieds for a great deal! It's the perfect size-it's got the chest freezer, but then it's got a drawer as well for easy access to other foods (ice cream, fruits, etc.). We already love it and it probably more than triples our freezer space! Now we actually have room for more than 2 frozen dinners:)This will help with our cooking as well. I've already made potato soup, poured it in Ziploc bags and stuck it in the freezer for later use. I'm going to make pizza (crust, sauce & cheese) and freeze those as well so we have quick and easy access to a homemade Italian dish. Ideas keep popping into my head of how I can prepare dinners and freeze them.
I'm so excited to utilize all that extra freezer space!! Frozen meals here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment